Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pinterest Recipe- Grilled Cheese Rolls!

Tonights Pinterest endeavor were the grilled cheese rolls and tomato soup, and I must say, was quite delicious! Of course I had to put my own spin on things as you will see below ;)
So last night I talked about the delicious Sun-dried tomato garlic I used? Well I used it again tonight, I slathered it on the bread before putting the cheese on. I definitely think the flavor combination was awesome! Also, instead of the saran wrapped yellow american cheese the recipe uses, I used white american sliced thinly from the deli. I prefer the flavor of the white american and it was delicious with the garlic! The sun dried tomato flavor in the garlic was also great with the tomato soup.
I also used multigrain honey wheat bread, (wasn't GF, sorry Chris!) and it was yummy. I left on the crusts, because guess what?! It's not just a scam when parents tell kids it's healthy in order to not waste food, it's true! The American Chemical Society's Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry actually published a study detailing the health benefits of bread crust! Our parents really did know what they were talking about! 
The end product when dipped in our organic tomato soup was absolutely delicious! Paired with a dark green spinach salad with pear and olive oil dressing and an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie for dessert and Chris and I were both fat and happy when it was all said and done!


Improvements?: 
None jump out at me... pretty darn pleased with this one, perfect cold weather meal! 

Favorite part of the meal:
The delicious white american cheese, ohhh how I love cheese ;) 
The garlic was also amazing, will definitely add that in next time again. 
This, I have a feeling, will be a HUGE hit with kiddos! Too bad G's a little too young yet to experience this deliciousness ;)

Overall impression: Loved it.
Score: 8.5/10 on C's flavor meter 


On a rather unrelated note, tonight (on the eve of his 5 month birthday!) baby Grey was babbling away! It's so precious to hear :) Lots of babababababbaaaabababab and Chris and I both heard a "mama" clear as day in there!! So exciting! While I'm sure it was not purposeful, it's still exciting to think maybe all my mamamamama repetition is paying off! I'm sure this will inspire Chris to do some dadadadadada practicing with the boy, heheh. Other exciting new developments: he is passing toys from one hand to another, turns when we call his name, can sit unassisted for about 3 seconds before toppling, scoots a little during tummy time, rolls over both directions, rolls over to grab a toy out of reach, and smiles big- purposeful- soul stirring- heart melting gummy grins. He is such a complete joy. Chris remarked the other night that he might want to have "a lot more kids" because Grey is so much fun, I told him we'd cross that bridge when we came to it ;) hehe.

Blessed to have such a spectacular baby and such a sweet husband.

Halloween 2011! We went trick or treating in Zionsville with cousins! 

2 comments:

  1. That looks good! Way to go trying out Pinterest recipes. I made something off of there last week also. Does Chris have a gluten allergy or just try to avoid it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amber! Pinterest is so much fun, huh?! So many cute food things for kids on there too :) Chris does have a gluten sensitivity, and I believe I actually do too to some extent (most people are, it's a highly allergenic protein! Even if you don't have like full blown Celiac Disease about 1 in 100 people do have a sensitivity to it. Maybe I'll do a post on it soon. (I plan to do lots of health related posts on here ;)

    ReplyDelete