Monday, November 14, 2011

Pinterest Parmesan Chicken Recipe

So tonight I tried a new Pinterest Recipe I found, original blogspot: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2005/11/parmesan-chicken.html

It got rave reviews from C! I made just a few adjustments, detailed belowed ;) So I had some things from my last green bean delivery that I needed to use up: mushrooms, potatoes, and carrots that I wanted to work into the meal and it ended up being a great combo! For the record, I have always HATED mushrooms, but lately I have been trying to evolve my palate. I must say, I have actually developed quite an appreciation for them. I still don't love them all, let's just say my tolerance is growing ;) Anyway, so I decided I was going to use the same glaze of garlic, butter, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, on the veggies. I sliced the potato into very thin strips, without cutting through the base, to completely saturate the potato in the dressing.

For the record, the garlic I used is California Sun Dry Garlic with sun-dried tomatoes... deeelish. Can't wait to use this on a million other things. So in the pic above you can see the dressing and I just used a marinade brush to brush it on the potatoes. I chopped up the mushrooms and added them to the bag that the chicken was marinating in.

I then put the chicken, mushrooms, and marinade dressing back in the fridge to
do it's work for the next 5 hours or so. After that was done, I pulled out the chicken and mushrooms to batter them in the parmesan and the organic Trader Joe's bread crumbs that I used. After I coated the chicken I still had some left over so I dumped the mushrooms in the extra mixture.

So then I added the veggies and coated mushrooms to a separate pan, although you could cook with chicken if using a big enough container. I left the skin on Chris' potato because they are nutrient dense, I just don't like it on mine ;)
I put the chicken and veggies in the oven on 425 for 25 minutes, then flipped up to broil for about 3 more minutes to give it a little extra crunch. It was the perfect time, the chicken was moist (sorry, I hate the word too, but it was) and cooked to perfection.
The finished product!!

Overall a few improvements could be made:
I would marinade the chicken overnight, it would make it even more flavorful.
Wasn't cracked on the potatoes, I would just cut them into thin slices to make them more crispy. That's just my personal taste.
C says more green veggies were needed, also I had no gluten free bread on hand, but if you are not GF an extra carb would be a nice addition.

Favorite part of the meal:
Believe it or not.... the mushrooms!!! They (crimini mushrooms) were delicious and they are loaded in Zinc which you can't complain about during cold and flu season! http://www.livestrong.com/article/422280-crimini-mushrooms-information/?utm_source=popslideshow&utm_medium=a1
This Livestrong article goes over some great health benefits.

Overall impression: good meal, could be even better.
Score: 8/10 on C's flavor meter ;)

Comment and let me know what you think if you make this for your family!

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you here, Libby! :) That recipe looks delicious - and isn't Pinterest so much fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete