Thursday, May 6, 2010

Third Date Jitters!!

So, today is the third date. The point where one must make a decision on whether a relationship is going anywhere... or not. Our first date went pretty well, conversation was good, he gave me a nice scalp massage, and everything turned out great. Second date I was left a bit disillusioned when he... sigh... made me brassy. That's right. My hair was an undeniable shade of orange brass. You see, finding the right hairdresser is kind of like finding a significant other. It's a very important, sometimes lifelong relationship and commitment! There needs to be trust, mutual respect, and camraderie in this relationship. I have had a hairdresser down in Brown County who I love (Cindy) but it is just a pain in the toosh to drive all that way, and let's be honest, my hair really suffers for it. So I randomly picked a salon off the internet that is in Broadripple (nice and close) and has the cheapest prices I can find (still not cheap). This is the first time I have ever gone to a male hairdresser, no big differences from what I can tell thus far. Maybe a bit less chatty/gossipy, which is AOk with me, hey I just wanna enjoy my mint infused scalp rub not hear about your mom's bunion surgery.... aight?? Like I said, my first visit was great. He did well with the color, no brass and didn't look like a dye job. Trim was that, just a trim, he didn't go hog wild and take off 10 inches as hairdressers sometimes interpret "just a trim". The second visit was not so good. Way too much hair going into the foils... (I could tell while he was doing it, WHY didn't I speak up?!) and like I said, orange enough to inspire a 12 piece brass band into a rousing version of Handel's Messiah. My favorite part is when hairdresser's tell you, "let's go outside and look at it" #(*%&)(&)(#&)#&%?!?!?!?!?! Go OUTSIDE and look at it?! It's friggin February and there has been snow on the ground for a month straight? I don't DO outside right now, so if I have to go outside for it to look OK- that's STILL not good enough! lol. They must teach them that line in beauty school. It never makes a difference anyway, although maybe to get out of the chemical laden air you are currently hyperventilating and into some fresh O2. ugh. If homeboy turns me orange today I am cutting all ties. Will head back to my previous relationship, so what if I'm stuck in a rut, sometimes you gotta stick with what works, and is just that familiar "comfortableness" that goes along with the "ex" territory. ;-) This pic was taken in Feb. after visit #2, thankfully at this point the sun bleached out some of the "orangeyness" (we were in the Bahamas which is why I actually got my hair done in the first place)



No comments:

Post a Comment