Friday, April 6, 2012

Kitchen- CHECK!

One room down-- many more to go!

I always pick one room and hammer away at it until it's just right. Adjusting paint, lighting fixtures, hardware, flooring, finally decor. When we moved into our new home, I was anxious to get the kitchen squared away. I love cooking, and love spending time around food- and our new kitchen has a fabulous view that I wanted to be able to enjoy without my OCD decorator inner self freaking out when I looked around. We've tweaked this and that, and I'm excited to share the progress! We are done for now... we may change the flooring up here in the years to come, but not anytime soon! It feels so good to have a room in the house that feels like "us" now!! Up next: dining room! We are actually almost done, hanging white wainscoting then I will update with pictures of it.

Kitchen Before:


To be honest, the yellow just wasn't doing anything for me. We picked out a gray paint because of the grayish tile accent above the cabinets, plus, I just love the color gray.

And Kitchen After:


The gray really makes the white trim pop! I'm very happy with how it turned out. The chandelier is a Pottery Barn knock off from Overstock.com ... Hanging up, I don't think you can tell much of a difference between the two. In person, quality is certainly less than the PB version, but I couldn't stomach paying $400 for it! Overstock's price? $175... minus the $20 groupon deal I bought! 

And a different angle...


Our Pier 1 table and chairs! So happy with them! We got them during triple points and wound up getting: 4 white chairs, the table, two decorative chairs, the place settings, several other decorative items not pictured, a large 9x12 rug for the living room, two barstools for <$1700! Then we got $220 of Pier1 bucks in the mail! I think that's a pretty stellar deal myself...!


Curtains are from Pottery Barn, I am so happy with them! I think they add that "light airy" feel and make the kitchen seem a little more homey or something. Also, the length draws attention to the awesome window height! I love how much light our kitchen gets in the morning, very cheery even with the gray paint color. 

Decorative accent plates are from Anthropologie- they are French, and they incorporate our color scheme nicely!

Still searching for piece de resistance.... a rug to go beneath the table. Not found anything that has jumped out at me yet! The search continues! Anyway, that's about it for now. I will update with cabinet pictures when I can get my countertops cleaned off! I had just cooked some dinner when I took these pictures ;) 

3 comments:

  1. It's looking fabulous. You did such a great job Lib!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys!!! It has been so much fun decorating so far, granted we are still only on like room 2 ;)

    ReplyDelete